Leadership, the art of motivating a group of people to act towards achieving a common goal. The one person in the group, whether male or female is the person that possesses the combination of personality and skills that makes others want to follow their lead.
Different Types of Leadership
- Positive and Negative Leaders or Bosses.
- Autocratic or Authoritarian leadership.
- Democratic or Participative leadership.
- The Laissez-faire or Free-rein leadership.
- Paternalistic leadership.
The different Styles of Leadership
- The Visionary — mobilize people toward a vision.
- The Coach — develop people for the future.
- The Affiliate — create emotional bonds and harmony.
- The Democrat — build consensus through participation.
- The Pacesetter — expect excellence and self-direction by doing (follow me).
- The Commander — demand immediate compliance.
Qualities of a good leader
- Honesty and Integrity.
- Inspire Others.
- Commitment and Passion.
- Good Communicator.
- Decision-Making Capabilities.
- Delegation and Empowerment.
- Creativity and Innovation.
The Ego in Leadership
- An unchecked ego can warp a persons perspective and twist their values
- Our ego is like a target we carry around with us, the bigger it is the harder we fall.
- An inflated ego corrupts our behavior and effects our judgment.
- An inflated ego narrows our vision causing us to lose touch with the group that we lead, the culture we are a part of, and ultimately our clients and stakeholders.
Leadership is about people, and people change every day, so if we believe that we have found a universal key to leading people, we are very wrong. If we let our ego determine what we see, what we hear, and what we believe, we’ve let our past successes effect and damage our future success.