IT Fundamentals +
CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ (ITF+) is an introduction to basic IT knowledge and skills.
Why is it different?
CompTIA ITF+ helps professionals to decide if a career in IT is right for them or to develop a broader understanding of IT.
- CompTIA ITF+ is the only pre-career certification that helps students or career changers determine if they have a competency for information technology and if it is the right career path for them.
- ITF+ is the only single certification that covers all areas of IT foundations, creating a broader understanding of IT making it ideal for non-technical professionals.
- CompTIA ITF+ establishes an IT education framework for students in middle school and high school.
This is a 5 Day course That covers the following content:
Module 1 / Using Computers
- Unit 1: Common Computing Devices
- Unit 2: Using a Workstation
- Unit 3: Using an OS
- Unit 4: Managing an OS
- Unit 5: Troubleshooting and Support
Module 2 / Using Apps and Databases
- Unit 1: Using Data Types and Units
- Unit 2: Using Apps
- Unit 3: Programming and App Development
- Unit 4: Using Databases
Module 3 / Using Computer Hardware
- Unit 1: System Components
- Unit 2: Using Device Interfaces
- Unit 3: Using Peripheral Devices
- Unit 4: Using Storage Devices
- Unit 5: Using File Systems
Module 4 / Using Networks
- Unit 1: Networking Concepts
- Unit 2: Connecting to a Network
- Unit 3: Secure Web Browsing
- Unit 4: Using Shared Storage
- Unit 5: Using Mobile Devices
Module 5 / Security Concepts
- Unit 1: Security Concerns
- Unit 2: Using Best Practices
- Unit 3: Using Access Controls
- Unit 4: Behavioral Security Concepts
About the exam
The new CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ (FC0-U61) exam is now live!
The beta exam has ended.
For those who took the CompTIA ITF+ beta exam (FC1-U61), your exam results will be emailed to you after September 11. Thank you for supporting the IT industry by taking the beta exam.
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ exam focuses on the essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
- Using features and functions of common operating systems and establishing network connectivity
- Identifying common software applications and their purpose
- Using security and web browsing best practices
This exam is intended for candidates who are advanced end users and/or are considering a career in IT. The exam is also a good fit for individuals interested in pursuing professional-level certifications, such as A+.