Word for Microsoft 365 Word for Microsoft 365 for Mac Word 2021
Word includes a non-deleteable end-paragraph that sometimes gets pushed out to a new, blank page at the end of a document. The way to delete the page is to make the end-paragraph fit onto the preceding page. The most sure-fire way is to make the end-paragraph very small (1 point):
- Press Ctrl+Shift+8 to show paragraph marks.
- Select the paragraph mark.
- Select inside the Font size box, type 01, and then press Enter .
- The paragraph now fits on the preceding page, removing the unwanted blank page.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+8 again to hide the paragraph marks (⌘+8 on a Mac).
If that paragraph still doesn’t fit on the preceding page, you can make the bottom margin smaller (Layout tab > Margins > Custom Margins, and set the bottom margin to something small, like 0.3 inches).
Tip: If the paragraph mark has a square bullet next to it, the paragraph might have the Page break before option turned on. To turn it off, right-select the empty paragraph, select Paragraph Settings (Home tab), and on the Lines and Page Breaks tab of the dialog box, uncheck Page break before.